If your important documents are exposed or disclose to others, then there’s no meaning of privacy. So it’s mandatory for important documents to be protected. In the previous article I have mentioned the procedure to compare two MS Word documents with ease. Here I’m going to let you know how to password protect your MS Word document.
Procedure to Create Password for MS word Document:
1) First open Microsoft Word Document ( for example – MS Office 2007).
2) You can open MS Word by: Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Word.
3) You can open a new document or an existing word document for protection.
4) Click on the Review tab, which is on the top of the menu bar.
5) Now you can see “Protect Document” option. Click on it and you will get the following list.
6) Now click on Restrict Formatting and Editing tab.
7) It will open a new Restrict Formatting and Editing pane at the right side of the window.
Click on the Yes, Start Enforcing Protection button and you will find a pop-up window.
9) Now type and re-type a password. Once typed, your document will be password protected.
Now you can edit the area, but all the editing will be tracked. This way, other users can’t modify the protected document without having the correct password.