Samsung Continuum has been late compared to other Galaxy S Series devices in getting ClockworkMod recovery for it but it’s better late than never and now that it has the recovery, we can expect custom ROM development for the device to pick up some pace. The first ROM in this series is a clean and rooted DL17 ROM that has all the bloat removed to give you an experience close to stock Android 2.1 Éclair.
We have just written our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Continuum
and now we are bringing you the very first custom ROM made for the device. This ROM is the result of the hard work of XDA-Developers forum member adrynalyne
who just brought us the custom recovery for the device too.
You can expect a close-to-stock Android experience from this ROM with nothing added except for the necessary tools such as BusyBox and root access. Other than that, it has been rooted, deodexed, debinged and zipaligned to improve performance as well as make customization options available to facilitate further development.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
To install this ROM, you must first install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device by following our guide mentioned above. Once you have the recovery, you can flash the ROM as follows.
- Download the ROM, the Email Fix and optionally, the Social Apps from the link given below and copy both zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery.
- Perform a nandroid backup.
- Wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM from the zip file.
- Flash the Email Fix.
- Optionally flash the Social Apps as well.
- Reboot your device back into Android.