bAdDroid is a custom Android 2.2 FroYo ROM for HTC EVO Shift 4G that is super fast and slick, has a lot of the stock apps removed and includes some killer notification bar graphics, wallpapers, widgets and icons to customize it further to your heart’s content. Read on for further details, download link and installation instructions.
This ROM is basically a port of the same Android ROM for HTC EVO 4G made to work on the EVO Shift 4G by the same developer – XDA-Developers forum member lexknight. The developer basically made this ROM for himself, removing the apps that he didn’t need such as Facebook, Twitter, FriendStream etc., replacing a few of the apps such as Gmail and Mail with alternative ones like K-9 Mail, adding custom notification bar icons including 3G/4G, battery, USB storage, USB debugging etc. and adding some slick wallpapers of funny Androids sticking their tongues out and breakdancing.
As you can see in the above screenshots, the ROM also includes several widgets to customize your home screen further. These include ones for SetCPU, custom Power Control widget, clock and probably more. Also included are custom launcher icons for several apps, all themed around Android robots in action.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download the ROM from the link given above and copy it to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid backup.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache.
- Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Install the ROM’s zip file from SD card.
- Reboot your phone and you will have the ROM up and running.
- [OPTIONAL]: Customize the ROM by choosing the wallpaper of your choice, changing the launcher icons and putting the widgets on the home screen. To be able to use the SetCPU widget for overclocking, install SetCPU app from the Android Market.