With the release of the latest MIUI ROM, there have been several ports of it for many Android devices including most Samsung Galaxy S Series devices. The latest in this series is for the HTC Desire HD, for which we have been featuring several guides recently. If you can’t wait to get the MIUI goodness on your Desire HD, read on for our detailed guide.
Check out our detailed review of MIUI ROM if you aren’t familiar with it already. This version for the HTC Desire HD is brought to us by XDA-Developers forum member ancola66 and is based the latest Android 2.2.1 FroYo based MIUI v1.2.11 release. It also includes a few extra apps added by the developer such as Google Apps, YouTube, Spare Parts and Lock Screen widget.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
To install MIUI ROM on your HTC Desire HD:
- Your phone must have S-OFF before you can proceed. In case your phone doesn’t have S-OFF, see our guide on how to get S-OFF on HTC Desire HD. Note that Engineering S-OFF is not required and just Radio S-OFF should be fine.
- You must also have ClockworkMod Recovery installed. If you don’t have it installed already, see our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery to your Android device.
- Download the MIUI ROM from the link given below and copy it to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Flash the ROM’s zip file to your phone from recovery after taking a nandroid backup and wiping data, cache & Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your phone once done.
You should now be running MIUI ROM on your HTC Desire HD. For help with issues, feature requests, bug reports or update on development, join the conversation at the XDA-Developers forum thread