We have recently brought you tutorials on how to install HTC Desire HD ROMs on your HTC Inspire 4G and now, we are featuring how to install Android 3.0 Gingerbread
based CyanogenMod 7 nightly ROM on your phone. If you want to get CyanogenMod 7 up and running on your Inspire 4G, read on.
CyanogenMod 7 for HTC Inspire 4G has been made possible by a custom kernel developed by XDA-Developers forum member hrkfdn that allows you to install any CyanogenMod 7 build for the HTC Desire HD on the HTC Inspire 4G.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Copy the flashable zip onto the SD card.
- Power off your device.
- Press and Hold the Volume Up button and press the Power button to boot into Clockwork Recovery.
- From the main menu, select “install zip from SD card”
- Next select “choose zip from SD card” and browse to the location of the downloaded kernel.
- When the installation is complete, reboot the device. You now have the modified kernel for CyanogenMod 7 and are ready to flash the CM7 build for Desire HD on your Inspire 4G.
- Reboot your device into recovery again.
- Perform a wipe data/factory reset, followed by wipe cache.
- Wipe Dalvik cache from the advanced menu and get back to the main menu once done.
- Now install the ROM’s zip file from the SD card just the way you installed the kernel.
- Reboot your device once done.
You should now be running CyanogenMod 7 HTC Desire HD ROM
on your HTC Inspire 4G. For help with any issues during the flashing of the kernel, head over to the developer’s forum at XDA Developers