We have confirmation of achieving root
access successfully on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G (also previously rumored to be called Samsung Vibrant Plus) with a single click by using popular rooting tool SuperOneClick so if you want to root this latest Samsung Galaxy S Series device, read on for our complete guide.
We just love SuperOneClick – it works like a wonder for a rooting a lot of Android
devices and especially the Samsung Galaxy S series devices. That is why when XDA-Developers forum member JWhipple
got his Samsung Galaxy S 4G and wanted to root it, SuperOneClick is what he tried and SuperOneClick is what did the job!
If you want to get on with the rooting process, here are the complete instructions:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Menu > Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- Launch SuperOneClick on your computer.
- Make sure that under ‘Exploit:’, ‘rageagainstthecage’ is selected and NOT ‘psneuter’.
- Click ‘Root’ and follow any instructions that you might get. Don’t worry in case you don’t get any instructions and just be patient while it roots your phone.
That’s it – you should now have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4G and you should be able to install apps
requiring root access as well as flash a custom recovery and custom ROMs