A few of us, are never satisfied with any ROM that is thrown our way for our Android devices. Similarly, with the arrival of the Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for the Google Nexus S, some people want to change the look and feel of the ROM and customize it there own way. Luckily for all Nexus S owners, XDA-Developers forum memberMaster™ has just release an Android 2.3.3 ROM that is 100% Deodexed. For more on this ROM and installation, read on!
So there’s not much can be said about this ROM, it’s 100% stock! So let’s just get this installed on your Nexus S.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the ROM of your choice from here. You can choose from 4 variants; Stock Kernel – Not rooted, Voodo Kernel – Not rooted, Stock Kenrel – Rooted, Voodo Kernel – Rooted.
- After you have downloaded the ROM, copy it to the root of your phones SD card.
- The next step is to reboot your phone into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Once you enter the recovery, navigate to ‘install zip from sdcard’ with the help of the Volume keys and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Now navigate to ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and select it.
- Here you will now choose the ROM you copied to your SD card and select it. Selecting it will prompt you with a Yes or No menu. Select Yes.
- Your installation has begun, wait for it to complete. Once it’s done, reboot your phone and cross your fingers!
Voila! Your Nexus S is now running a 100% deodexed ROM that you can play around with. For updates and any queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers