So you’ve rooted your Motorola XOOM, as cool as that is Motorola has announced that the really anticipated Flash update to version 10.2 would need the tablet to be relocked and restored back to stock. So if you’ve already unlocked your XOOM or perhaps you customized something and can’t get it back to normal or you just want to start afresh, below is a step by step tutorial on how to restore your Motorola back to factory state.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download the official system image for the Motorola XOOM.
- Unzip the files in MZ600_HRI39.zip and move or copy them to the /platform-tools folder in your SDK folder
- Connect the XOOM to your computer.
- Open up ADB Shell and type: adb reboot bootloader . This would reboot the tablet into its bootloader.
- Now type the below mentioned commands in sequence after the task initiated by the previous command is finished
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img fastboot erase cache
- Now that your tablet is back to stock we need to relock it. Type : fastboot oem lock , enter and wait for the menu, press the volume down button and then press the volume up button.
The device will take a minute or so and then reboot into the stock and locked Motorola XOOM that you remember booting the first time you powered it on.