HTC Tattoo – a relatively old phone shipped with Android 1.6 in its stock condition – has not yet given up the chase up the quickly growing Android ladder and just hours ago, Android 2.3 Gingerbread was made available for it in form of CyanogenMod 7 RC2.2 . So incase you have an HTC Tattoo lying around that you just can’t let go off, this would be the time to inject it with Gingerbread and give it a new life! Read on for a step by step tutorial on how to install CyanogenMod 7 ROM on your humble little HTC Tattoo.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download CM7 RC3 and place it on your SD card.
- Download Google Apps and place it on your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- From ‘Mounts and Storage’ , format cache, system and data.
- Select ‘install zip from sd card’ to install ROM.
- Now select ‘install zip from sd card’ to install Google Apps.
- Format cache, system and data once more.
- Reboot your Tattoo.
Congratulations! Gingerbread on your HTC Tattoo, who would have thought the day would come? All thanks to the CyanogenMod team and XDA-Developers forum member KalimochoAz.