CyanogenMod may be the best thing that ever happened to the world of custom Android ROMs but when it comes to CM7 in particular, which is based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, many prefer the speed, look and feel of the stock Gingerbread launcher over the ADW Launcher used in CM7. Well, HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2 users are in luck thanks to XDA-Developers forum member martonikaj, who has come up with the stock Gingerbread launcher for the G2 / Desire Z. To install this launcher on your device, read on!
- To begin, copy the downloaded stock launcher to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Once done, reboot your phone into recovery and wipe cache and wipe Dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and choose the launcher you copied to your SD card.
- When you choose the launcher, you will be prompted with whether to install or not. Choose YESto install and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation completes, reboot your phone.
Voila! Your phone will now boot into CM7 with the stock Gingerbread launcher. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers