According to BGR, Apple is going to release iOS 4.3.1 within one to two weeks which will fix iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability. iOS 4.3.1 will include baseband updates for the iPhone 3GS, iPad and minor bug fixes. Recently iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 was hacked with Mobile Safari vulnerability at Pwn2Own contest. iOS 4.3 also includes this vulnerability. That’s the reason why Apple is going to patch this vulnerability in iOS 4.3.1.
What’s New in iOS 4.3.1
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recognizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM file system
As we know Apple has implemented ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) technology in iOS 4.3 so it is safe until hackers find a way to bypass the ASLR. On the other hand a new bootrom vulnerability has been discovered by Comex to jailbreak iPad 2 on iOS 4.3. Also he has jailbroken iPad 2 with new userland exploit. So Apple is going to patch this vulnerability in iOS 4.3.1.