Windows Phone 7 devices, just like Android, offers USB Tethering. This is a protocol through which the phone’s internet connection is shared over a USB connection to any PC or a laptop. If you have any of LG’s Windows Phone 7devices and want to tether your 3G connection to your PC or laptop, below is a step by step procedure instructing you how to do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Tiptz will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download and install LG USB Modem Drivers.
- Reboot your system after installation.
- Start LG Phone’s dialer, and dial ##634#, then press the Call button to bring up a list of applications under the screen title of “MFG”.
- Password to unlock the protected MFG is 277634#*#
- Go to Settings > Network Mobile and disable the data connection.
- Start MFG & go to the USB Switching option in Menu Engineer > Port Setting.
- Select QC COMPOSITE and validate. The phone will reboot to activate the setting.
- Connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- Windows will automatically detect and install ‘LGE CDMA USB Modem’. Reboot after installation.
- Open properties of LGE CDMA USB Modem and select Advance Tab.
- Add this command in the text box: +cgdcont=1,”ip”,”APN” (replace APN with your carrier’s APN)
- Create a new dial up connection with LGE CDMA USB Modem with *99# as the dial number.
- Leave the Username and Password fields empty.
You are now connected to your phone’s 3G internet connection through a dial-up connection.